Sunday, November 14, 2010

CLIP - 13 Nov 2010

Date Uploaded:  13 Nov 2010

Title:  被遺忘的時光 Ella版 2101113電影預告集錦 - 【電影圈獨家首播】 

Taiwan's First Documentary on Dementia - [The Long Goodbye] AD - Ella's version

Read about the documentary from this news article: 


Credit: Uploader & Director Yang Li-Zhou's facebook


@ 0:07
Ella leading her grandmother to sing one of the Japanese folklore songs children like to sing - Momotaro-san

@ 0:19
<The Long Goodbye> - The Story of Chen Jia Hua (Ella) & Her Grandmother

E:
This is the only song with which she could best express now...
Yet she could only remember half of it. 
Earlier on, she could still complete the whole song.
But now... she can no longer do so.
You can... really feel that her (memory) deterioration is very rapid.
Within a year... In half a year's time...
You would find that the change in her is very drastic.
And she would age very, very fast.
I know very well that eventually I would have to face such a situation...
But...
I would still feel the heartache nonetheless...

E:  (to her granny, touches her granny dotingly and affectionately)  Granny, have you eaten?...  What did you eat?

@ 0:44
Ella her granny in wheelchair and her grandpa standing by the side, happily enjoying their family time

E:  (to her granny, teasing her grandpa)  Is he an old man?  (E & grandpa laughed when granny nodded her head slightly)  She said he's an old man lah.

E:
In spite of this (challenge), I feel that we must still do our best in this final journey with her
She will definitely forget me eventually...
But it does not matter for it is sufficient so long as I will remember her dearly...

(Note:  The documentary will make its debut in Taiwan on 26 Nov 2010)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sy =) Thank you so much for translating the clip. I subbed the clip using your translation. I hope that's okay with you. Don't worry, I credited you for your translation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the clip I subbed if you want to view it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKj63KgTBE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sy

    many thanks for providing us translation on this clip.....my admiration for Baobei grows deeper...the love for her family esp. her grandparents is unquestionable....the care and deep respect is there.....she cherished them more than anything else in this whole.....i cannot hide my tears as i see her cry...i feel her pain...as i remember my grandmother as well...how i wish i spend lots of time with her..

    Again...thank you and i miss you and i love you...

    ReplyDelete